I guess that Dwayne got very lucky with his career but a lot of Dwayne Johnson’s luck is related to his incredible body resulted from hard workouts and shredding diet plans because let’s be honest here, Hollywood is always searching for pumped guys with brawn not brains and as i said, Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson is full of muscles as you can clearly see from the new movie Fast Five.
Let’s spice things up: Dwayne Johnson The Rock before and after transformation photos – He used STEROIDS!
You can think whatever you want about Dwayne Johnson but he never got lazy with his workouts in the gym. If you want a proof just watch “The Scorpion King” and then try some new movies with Dwayne “The Rock” cause you’ll see that he’s getting more ripped and bigger than in other old movies.
Dwayne’s transition into being such a great actor from an athlete is astonishing and with time comes experience and knowledge just as in the gym where you work out daily and have strict diet plans just for growing that lean, ripped muscle mass so you need dedication but Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson knew that and he managed to be a brilliant actor and a brilliant athlete/bodybuilder/wrestler.
Dwayne Johnson played in “Fast Five” the role of Luke Hobbs, a Diplomatic Security Service agent assigned to hunt down the main characters played by Vin Diesel and Paul Walker but do you know how did Dwayne got the role for this action pumping movie? Well after Vin Diesel, another muscle hunk for the ladies, had read a comment from a fan that wanted to see him and Johnson in a movie together he decided to cast him and that’s why this movie has two good actors with charisma and bodies full of muscles.
After reading The Rock workout and diet plan, you are going to get the secrets of Dwayne Johnson’s success so let’s start shall we?
Dwayne Johnson’s Workout Plan for Fast Five
Dwayne Johnson went from 14% body fat to 7% but that’s not all that i can say about his workout plan. “The Rock’s” training involved interchangeable workout routines to avoid plateaus and Dwayne always adjusted rest periods, the amount that he lifted, the speed with which he lifted and the number of sets and reps he performed just like a pro bodybuilder will do.
- Monday / Wednesday / Friday were the days when Dwayne Johnson’s workout would consist of chest, back, biceps, calves exercises but not in a particular order. For each muscle group exercise he would do 5 sets, 15-20 reps, 30 second rest periods. For cardio Dwayne Johnson did a 5 minute warm-up, 12 minutes high intensity, 5 minute cool down.
- Tuesday / Thursday / Saturday were the days when Dwayne Johnson’s workout plan would have quads, hamstrings, shoulders, triceps exercises without a particular order of course. Cardio was the same and he performs abs twice a week.
Here’s an example of some hardcore exercises that Dwayne Johnson used in his workout for Fast Five (but don’t forget, a healthy diet plan is important too):
- Seated Military Press Machine – 3 sets x 21 reps
- Dumbbell Lateral Raise super set with Dumbbell Front Raise – 3 sets x 8 reps each
- Rear Delt Cable Raise – 5 sets x 12, 10, 8, 6, 4 reps
- Hammer Strength Shrug – 5 sets x 12, 10, 8, 6, 4 reps
- Four Way Neck Machine – 4 sets x 12 reps
The Rock’s Back Workout for Fast Five:
- Wide Grip Lat Pull Down – 5 sets x 12, 10, 8, 6, 4 reps
- One Arm Seated Row Machine – 4 sets x 12 reps
- Close Grip Lat Pull Down – 5 sets x 12, 10, 8, 6, 4 reps
- Back Extension – 4 sets x 15, 15, 12, 12 reps
Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson’s Legs Workout for Fast Five:
- Leg Press – 4 sets x 25, 20, 18, 16
- Smith Machine Lunge – 4 sets x 8 reps per leg
- Standing Calf Raise – 6 sets x 16 reps
- Alternating Dumbbell Curl – 5 sets x 12, 10, 8, 6, 4 reps
- Preacher Machine Curl – 4 sets x 12, 10, 8, 6 reps
- Cable Tricep Extension – 5 sets x 12, 10, 8, 6, 20 reps
- One Arm Reverse Grip Tricep Extension – 3 sets x 15 reps
Johnson’s Chest Workout for Fast Five:
- Incline Dumbbell Press – 5 sets x 12, 10, 8, 6, 4 reps
- Dumbbell Bench Press – 5 sets x 12, 10, 8, 6, 4 reps
- Cable Crossover – 4 sets x 12 reps
- Push Ups – 4 sets x 15 reps
Dwayne Johnson’s Diet Plan for Fast Five
To get a Dwayne Johnson Physique you need his diet plan that truly shreds fat and packs on lean and sculpted muscles. Johnson tried to avoid fried foods and fast foods for Fast Five but he chewed on every green thing, every made out of protein product (like chicken breasts, turkey, lean meat) or everything that had healthy carbs. If you want to pack some real muscle mass just try and keep it real like Dwayne The Rock Johnson does with his workout and diet plan!