While searching for Kai Greene’s weight lifting routines, i found a youtube video with his arm workout and it’s also a motivational video because you will train your arm muscles like a beast after watching it!
If you’re still not properly motivated after watching Kai Greene’s workout, you should try my Inspirational Quotes, Bodybuilding Motivation and Motivational Video article!
Kai Greene, the Mr. Olympia contender, became very popular amongst those beginner bodybuilders and even pro bodybuilders that compete, but at a lower level. When he’s in the off season, guest posing and various personal appearances are a normal thing for Kai Greene and he always takes the time to get personal with everyone who is interested in his bodybuilding career; That’s because he isn’t cocky like others. Kai Greene started from scratch in every way..
So, today, courtesy of MuscleMeds, we are going to see how a normal Kai Greene arm workout looks like and we also get the chance to see his personal assistant and driver, Adam Paz. Adam is into bodybuilding for a long time and because he can manage to keep the pace with Kai, he’s gonna be Kai’s training partner or even spotter.
I’m never going to be a weightlifter! A bodybuilder is concerned with contracting his muscles; By doing that, he stimulates hypertrophy and that makes his muscles grow! A weightlifter is just concerned about moving weight, that’s really not important to me!
Now, about Kai Greene’s workout, more precisely arm workout, he does all of the arm exercises in an unnatural order and way!
Kai Greene on warm up:
You’re preparing for your harvest, it’s the thing which makes way for something greater to come.
Kai Greene’s warm up is the same for every bodypart that he trains and this is it:
- 12 minute warm up on a stepper
The warm up for his arm muscles looks like this:
- Wrist curls 1 small set
- Reverse curls 1 small set
As i’ve said, Kai Greene starts his arm workout in an odd order so, after the warm up, Kai Greene and Adam Paz start their muscle gaining experience with forearm exercises:
- Wrist curls – 3 sets of 15-20 reps
- Barbell Reverse curls – 3 sets of 15-20 reps (they turn down the wrist while doing the first half of the set to emphasize the bottom of the forearm; The second half catches them with the wrists up to hit the top of the forearm)
- Dumbbell hammer curls – 5 sets of 12-15 reps; When he Kai gets tired, he switches to alternating arms in order to cheat some extra reps for his huge arm muscles
After that, Kai Greene’s arm workout continues with bicep exercises:
- Straight Bar Curls – 4 sets of 20 reps (but do them with proper form, not like Adam, he was just trying to prove that he can keep the pace with Kai :D)
- Incline Dumbbell Curls – 4 sets of 20 reps
- Preacher Machine Curls – 4 sets of 12-15 reps
When it comes to tricep exercises, Kai Greene’s arm workout is a killer!
- Tricep Pushdowns with alternating grip – 4 sets of 20 reps underhand grip and 20 reps overhand grip per set
- Overhead Dumbbell Tricep Extensions – 4 sets of 20 reps
- Close Grip Bench Press – 4 sets of 15 reps
Guys, if you want to grow big muscles and in today’s example, huge arm muscles like Kai Greene, you must remember this: The weight on the bar is secondary to how the exercise is being performed!