Popular bodybuilding diets for those who want a continuous “cheat day” – The IIFYM Diet

adsense

continuous cheat day with the help of a popular diet for bodybuildersToday I’d like to talk about a part from the whole “workout and diet” package, about the diet and a regimen that has become very popular in the last couple of years throughout those who have or want a bodybuilder body with big muscles: the IIFYM diet.

The abbreviation IIFYM stands for is “If It Fits Your Macros” and that basically means that you are free to eat any food you like but you can eat it as long as it fits into your daily calorie intake goal.

You are free to eat as many meals as you like, eat whenever you like and most importantly, eat what you like. However, many people take this too literally and eat as if they were not on a diet at all. Yes, it means you can eat what you like BUT it is so as long as it fits your daily macros;

You have to obtain, without adding extra calories to the diet, a daily measured intake of:

 

  • proteins
  • carbs
  • fat and fiber

Does that mean you can eat the so called “dirty” foods while being on a IIFYM diet? Yes, obviously, and that is the main reason this diet has disbelievers in people who are advocates of eating healthy and “clean” food.

It is important to remember that this diet does not encourage eating junk food all the time as that is not what this diet is about, and you should not base your nutrition on such food. Instead, you can try setting up a plan where 80% of your daily calories would come from healthy macronutrient sources for protein, carbs and fats and the rest could be filled with 20%!

Check out this youtube video where you can get a lot more info about the cheat diet for bodybuilders – The IIFYM If It Fits Your Macros diet!

If you are a newcomer to fitness or a bodybuilding newbie and whether your goal is to build muscle or lose fat this diet might be a good way to start. Another advantage of this diet is that you can completely avoid the monotonous and bland meals that you are almost destined when on some other strict diet plans.

People who suddenly jump to more common strict diets or unhealthy low calorie diets that are based on eating clean food or eating too little, often find it hard to keep at it and usually experience an adverse effect as they get into an even worse condition than they were and let’s not forget about the yo-yo effect!

Remember not to make IIFYM your excuse to eat crap food all the time as you still need micronutrients that you will not find in a doughnut.

The IIFYM cheat diet for bodybuilders is certainly something you should try if you are either tired of or unable to stick with your current diet plan and as long as you stick with the basic principles of eating the right amount of proteins, carbs and fats per day, you are on a good muscle gaining path!

Share your comments and opinions below!

Share this Post:
Digg Google Bookmarks reddit Mixx StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz DesignFloat Delicious BlinkList Furl

No Responses to “Popular bodybuilding diets for those who want a continuous “cheat day” – The IIFYM Diet”

Leave a Reply:

Name (required):
Mail (will not be published) (required):
Website:
Comment (required):
XHTML: You can use these tags: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>

Anti-spam: complete the taskWordPress CAPTCHA