I’ve always enjoyed a good action movie and for a while now the Hollywood movies seem to put a lot of emphasis on a healthy body with big muscles, a physique which sometimes is quite hard to achieve with today’s ordinary working man!
Joe Manganiello is a good actor who went through a lot of nasty ups and downs in life like his drinking problem but now he’s rockin’ being an uprising celebrity with a body that’s fit for a fitness competition as you can see from the new “Sabotage” movie with Arnold Schwarzenegger and if you’re really into trying to find the “secret recipe” for Joe Manganiello’s workout and diet, then you’re in the right spot!
Joe’s role in Sabotage makes him look like a badass and you’ll have a hard time being used to him being a tattoo artist/ hardcore DEA task force agent/ psycho guy who loves his cornrow look, rather than the cute and polite werewolf from True Blood whith whom you’ve been used to.
Enough with the small chit chat! It’s time for you to know how to get Joe Manganiello’s body with big muscles! A step by step Manganiello workout and the answer to “what does Joe Manganiello eat to look like that” question or his diet plan!
Joe Manganiello workout! Intense training sessions from the dawn of day!
- it’s 7 a.m.! Time for some powerlifting exercises until 8 a.m.
- after that, Joe Manganiello goes to MMA classes where he develops some stand up and ground fighting skills (there, he would daily change his sparring partner)
- when the task force instructor appeared, Joe Manganiello’s whole “team” would go through intensive training drills and of course they would also learn how to sweep buildings.
Joe Manganiello achieved a muscular physique with great back muscles, six pack abs and bulking triceps but let’s see even more details about how he obtained these workout results from a simple but enlightening video where he opens up to the general public and yes, he doesn’t use steroids or growth hormones:
Bodybuilding has always been something that I’ve loved and it’s been a hobby!
A sample of Joe Manganiello’s workout for muscle mass looks like this but you can also add your own hardcore pure muscle building exercises:
- olympic lifts but more of a clean and press exercise (basically a combination of deadlifts with shoulder presses) – 3 sets with 6-8 reps
- hammer pull ups which target both the biceps and the lats (back muscles) – 3 sets with 6-8 reps *you can add weight to your weightlifting belt
- seated rows – 3 sets with 6-8 reps
- skull crushers with the EZ bar- 3 sets with 7-9 reps
- EZ bar bench presses which also focus on your tricep muscles – 3 sets with 6-8 reps
- narrow grip lat pulldowns – 3 sets with 6-8 reps
- weighted tricep bench dips – 3 sets with enough weight to do the same, 6-8 reps
Now for those of you who want to know how to get six pack abs like Joe Manganiello in Sabotage, you need to understand that besides these next ab exercises, you also have to keep a good diet:
- quick warm up with a barrel roll exercise 15 reps on each side
Now do supersets with these ab exercises:
- lateral scissors – 5 sets with 20 reps/20/15.. you get the point
- alternating crunches – 5 sets with 25 reps/20/15 .. the same as above
- raised feet crunches – 5 sets with 25 reps/20/15…
- leg raises of any sort – 4 sets with 15 reps/15/10..
Here’s a video workout of Joe Manganiello for Men’s Health:
For his role in Sabotage, Joe Manganiello gained over 20 lbs of muscle mass and you can achieve that with a well thought diet plan. Joe Manganiello’s diet plan consists of:
Now these are the real tips on how to look like Joe, the diet tips! He has a very strict diet but not in the way that it could kill the fun out of his daily activities; Joe still eats a lot of meat and he’s not against fat but instead he’s against sugar and other nasty carbs!
Get rid of the sugar, get rid of the bread!
Joe Manganiello trains his body to not hold anything with a lot of small meals during the day and he uses metaphors for people to understand the effect of his diet plan;
It’s like throwing newspaper on a fire, it’s burning so fast just like the body burns all the protein and leaves no residues behind! You need fast burning food, don’t shovel slow burning wood like sugars.
His body gets a lot of meals throughout the day and once a week he eats a cheat meal but you can start with a cheat day and in a month or so, you can advance to just a cheat meal. He eats and drinks things like:
- oatmeal made with hot water (better known as porridge)
- roasted chicken breasts
- isolated protein shakes
- 1 sweet potatoe at a meal
- carrots and asparagus
- green beans
- protein bars
- fish fillet
- omelette made out of egg whites
- bacon, ham, porc chops and turkey meat etc.