This is the perfect article for those who want to get big chest and biceps muscles but without having to experiment different techniques which can lead to nasty weightlifting injuries and it’s perfect because Dorian Yates himself talks about the small, simple but unknown things that make a difference when you’re working out.
Mr. Yates regrets that he had to learn from his own body abuse, all the things you need to know and do when working out for best muscle results; At least he shares some bodybuilding knowledge to help us prevent making stupid weightlifting mistakes :D.
Off topic, I really do agree with Dorian Yates on the fact that every piece of gym equipment has started being downgraded and made easier to work on.. just to make you think that you’re strong.
Going back to our Dorian Yates style chest and biceps workout, here are some professional workout tips coming from him along with an important injury prevention tip:
- before the actual workout do a rotator cuff warm up
- decline bench press is one of the most effective chest exercises according to Dorian Yates so start with it
- when doing those bench presses, build up the power when going down with the barbell just like a car spring and then explode up
- keep the fingers around the bar
- when doing dumbbell concentration curls just push the toe off to ensure a maximum range of motion
Here’s also the Dorian Yates instructional video on the best chest and biceps workout:
The actual Dorian Yates recommended chest and biceps workout:
- 10 minute cardio warm up
- rotator cuff warm up – 2 sets with 12 reps each
- decline bench press – 2 warm up sets with 10-12 reps and 1 working set with 6-8 reps to failure
- incline dumbbell press – 1 warm up set with 10-12 reps and 1 working set with 6-8 reps to failure
- flat bench dumbbell flies – 1 warm up set with 10-12 reps and 1 working set with 6-8 reps to failure
- dumbbell concentration curls – 1 warm up set with 10-12 reps and 1 working set with 6-8 reps to failure
- straight bar curl – 1 warm up set or none and 1 working set with 6-8 reps to failure
This is one of the most effective and fast chest and biceps workout which Dorian Yates Recommends and you should be in the advanced weightlifting category for it.